LED monitors are the latest types of monitors in the market today. Like LCD, it is again a flat panel display making use of light-emitting diodes for back-lightning instead of Cold Cathode Fluorescent (CCFL) back-lightning used in LCDs. Primarily, the display is of LCD only but the back-lightning is done by LEDs.
LED monitors are said to use much lesser power than CRT and LCD. Thus, they are also considered environmental friendly. Other core advantages of LED monitors are:
- They produce images with higher contrast
- They have less negative environmental impact when disposed
- Lifespan and durability of LED monitors is more than CRT or LCD monitors
- Because of the technology, the monitor panels can be made very thin
- Do not produce much heat while running
LED monitors are little expensive than the former types. There are multiple ways by which LED back-lightning is done.
- White-edge LEDs are fixed around the rim of the monitor. It used a special diffusion panel to spread light evenly behind the screen.
- An array of LEDs are placed behind the screen. Their brightness is not controlled individually.
- Again an array of LEDs are placed behind the screen, but the brightness of each individual LED is controlled separately.
FEATURES OF LED :-
- Low power requirement : It requires less power for ex in TV sets as compared to LCD TVs.
- Long life : When properly installed, an LED can function for decades with very low maintenance cost.
- High efficiency : Light-Emitting Diode produces less heat as compared to normal LCD TVs and fluorescent lamps thus increasing the efficiency.
- Image Quality : They offer better image quality as compared to LCD TVs.
TFT (THIN FILM TRANSISTOR)
TFT monitor uses thin-film transistor technology. TFT LCDs is a type of active matrix LCD. nowadays, LCD monitor uses TFT technology in which a separate tiny transistor is used for each pixel on the display. the size of each transistor is very small. So The Amount of the charge needed to control the transistor is also small. this allows faster re-drawing of the image. a TFT monitor displays sharp text, excellent colors and an improved response time for multimedia application. TFT viewing angles are often in rang of 30 to 70 degrees.